MBBS from Medical College, Kolkata in the year 1988. Had done his MD in General Medicine from S.N.Medical College, Agra with first rank in the year 1997. Completed Diplomate of National Board in General Medicine in New Delhi in the year 1998, and subsequently became a Member of National Academy Medical Sciences. Completed the DM in Endocrinology from Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata in the year 2001 with the top rank. And since then working as Research Scientist in the Dept. of Endocrinology and also serving as a Consultant Endocrinologist and Diabetologist in two of the prestigious hospitals of the city, namely Belle Vue Clinic and Fortis Hospital.
- Awarded the best reviewer from Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism in December 2012.
- Awarded the prestigious Fellowship of the American College of Endocrinology in March 2012.
- Awarded the prestigious Albert Renold Fellowship from the European Association of Study of Diabetes in 2005 (the first Indian Physician to receive so).
- Ranked first in the D.M. (Endocrinology) examination under Calcutta University in 2001.
- Received the Gold Medal in the M.D (General Medicine) examination under B.R Ambedkar University, Agra in 1997.
- Received the Best student in Physiology in Medical College, Calcutta in 1984.